1967 Born in Padova on March 03, 1967
1992 Laurea degree in Electronics Engineering at the University of Padova (110/110);
1995 Fellowship (6 months) within the EC program HCM (“Human Capital and Mobility”).
1997 PhD degree in Electronics and Telecommunications Eng. (University of Padova)
1998 Post PhD fellowship at the University of Padova
1998 Assistant Professor at the University of Padova (Electronics Engineering Area)
2002 Associate Professor at the University of Padova (Electronics Engineering Area).
2011 Full Professor at the University of Padova (Electronics Engineering Area).
2013 He has been nominated to IEEE Fellow class 2013, with the following citation: “for contributions to the reliability physics of compound semiconductors devices”
SCIENTIFIC ACTIVITY (1992 – today)
New research lines that have been started by Gaudenzio Meneghesso:
- Since 1995 “Design, testing and modeling of protection structures against ElectroStatic Discharge (ESD) for integrated circuits in CMOS and SMART POWER technologies”;
Since 2004 “Electrical characterization, modeling and reliability of RFMEMS switches for reconfigurable antenna”
- Since 2008 “Characterization, modeling and reliability of organic semiconductors devices”.
He provided also a remarkable contribution to the starting of other two new research lines:
- Since 2000 “Electro/optical characterization and reliability of optoelectronics devices (LED and Lasers) on Gallium Nitride (GaN) semiconductors with blue and deep Ultra Violet emission.
- Since 1998 “Electrical characterization, modeling and reliability of wide bandgap semiconductors (GaN and SiC) microwave devices”.
Finally, since 1992 he has been giving a relevant contribution to an existing research line:
“Electrical characterization, modeling and reliability (with the identification of failure modes and mechanisms) of III-V compound semiconductors devices (GaAs and InP).
Main RESEARCH PROJECTS COORDINATION
- Numerous research contracts funded by da STMicroelectronics Milano.
- Scientific Coordinator of a project funded by NTT
- Numerous research contracts funded by Panasonic/Matsushita, Giappone;
- Local Responsible of an European project, STREP o FP6, “HYPHEN”;
- Local Responsible of an ESA project REDUNDANCY (RF-MEMS)
- Local Responsible of an European project STREP of FP7: ALINWON
- Local Responsible of an European project STREP of FP7 – Hiposwitch
- Responsible of an Regionale project “Polo Fotovoltaico”
- Local Responsible of an European project ENIAC “E2COGAN”
- Project Coordinator of an European project H2020 – InRel-NPower (http://www.inrel-npower.eu/)
The research outcomes have been presented/published (or are going to be presented/published) since 1992 in more than 800 papers:
more than 300 have been published in international journals (with referee);
more than 500 have been presented at international conferences with referee (including 110 Invited Papers and 10 “Best Paper Award”);
5 book chapter and
Bibliometric indexes (updated April 2017):
- Scopus: Documents: 508, Tot. Citations 6516, h-index: 38
- Google Scholar: Documents: 663, Tot. Citations 9524, h-index: 45
COODINATION AND REVIEW ACTIVITY
- 2007-2013 Associate Editor for the IEEE Electron Device letters (Compound Semiconductor Area)
- 2014-Today Associate Editor for the IEEE Transaction on Electron Devices (Compound Semiconductor Area)
IEEE International Electron Device Meeting (IEDM): Member in 2003, Chair of the QPC subcommittee in 2004 and 2005, and European Arrangement Chair in 2006 and 2007.
IEEE International Reliability Physics Symposium (IRPS):Member in 2005 and 2006, Vice-Chair in 2007, and Chair from 2008 to 2010 of the “Wide Bandgap and Compound Semiconductors” SC; He entered in the Management Committee in 2010: 2010 Secretary, 2011 Tutorial Chair, 2012 TPC Vice Chair & Presentation Chair, 2013 Workshop Chair, 2014 Arrangment Chair, 2015 Financial Chair, 2016 Registration Chair.
- Technical Program Chairman of the workshop “WOCSDICE 2001- Cagliari, May, 2001.
- General Chairman of the 11th European Heterostructure Technology Workshop, HETECH.
- General Chairman of the workshop “WOCSDICE 2007- Venice, May 19-20, 2007.
- General Chairman of the workshop European Heterostructure Technology Workshop, HETECH 2009.
- Chair of the “Compound semiconductor devices” sub-committee of ESREF in 2007 and 2008.
- General Chairman of the Conference 23rd European Symposium on Reliability of Electron Devices, Failure Physics and Analysis, ESREF, October 1-5, 2012 Cagliari, Italy.
- General Chairman of the Conference Workshop on Compound Semiconductor Materials and Devices, WOCSEMMAD2013, February, 2013
- General Co-Chairman of the Conference 10th Topical Workshop on Heterostructure Microelectronics, TWHM2011, Sapporo, Hokkaido, September 1-4 , 2013
- General Chairman of the Conference The 44nd Solid-State Device Research Conference ESSDERC’2014 and the 40th Solid-State Circuits Conference ESSCIRC’2014, Venice Lido, September 22-26, 2014
Reviewer for several prestigious journals:
- IEEE Trans. on El. Devices,
- IEEE El. Device Letters,
- IEEE Trans. on Device and Materials Reliability,
- IEE Electr. Letters,
- Semic. Science and Tech.,
- Solid State Electr.,
- Microel. Reliability,
- Applied Phys. Letters,
- J. of Appl. Phys.
- Tel: +390498277653
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=it&user=Ixxbkx4AAAAJ